Bears at Titans preview
Chicago Bears (5-3) at Tennessee Titans (5-2)
Time: Nov. 8, noon, FOX
Location: Nissan Stadium - Nashville
Line: Titans -6.5
The Tennessee Titans return back to Nashville and will take on the Chicago Bears. The Titans are coming off their second loss of the season last week as they fell to the Bengals. The Bears are also coming off a loss last week as they fell to the Saints. Both teams look to get back on track Sunday.
Titans Keys to Victory:
1. Getting Stops on Defense: The Titans defense has to find ways to get some stops and get off of the field. So far this season, this has been their weakest link. If the Titans defense can step on with the addition of CB Desmond King via trade from the Chargers, the Titans defense should improve.
2. Pass Rush: Finding pressure from the defensive line is a must for the Tennessee Titans. Nick Foles under pressure is vulnerable to panicking and throwing interceptions.
3. Forcing Turnovers: With Foles being turnover prone, the Titans will have an opportunity to make some big plays. If the Titans secondary can step up and have a big day, the Titans should come away with a win.
Bears Keys to Victory:
1. Pressure on Tannehill: The Bears front 7 is one of the best in the NFL. With Khalil Mack, the Titans offensive line will have to make sure to give Ryan Tannehill some time. If they can get to Tannehill, the Bears can force the Titans into some tough scenarios.
2. Slowing down Derrick Henry: Slowing down Henry is always a key to beating the Titans. If the Bears can slow down Henry, that forces Tannehill and co to beat them.
3. Protecting the Ball: The Bears will have to protect the ball if they want to get back into the win column on Sunday. If Foles and running back David Montgomery can protect the ball and sustain long drives, the Bears will have a good shot at winning.
The Titans will get back into the win column on Sunday. I believe that this game will become a battle in the trenches and who ever can run the ball better will win. With Derrick Henry I expect that the Titans will do better. Titans 28 Bears 17