Cleveland Browns (8-3) at Tennessee Titans (8-3)
Time: noon, CBS
Location: Nissan Stadium
Line: TEN -5.5
The Tennessee Titans and the Cleveland Browns will meet in the Music City on Sunday for a AFC showdown that will have serval playoff implications. Both the Titans and the Browns are coming off wins last week to get both of their records to 8-3.
Titans Keys to Victory:
1. Putting pressure on Baker Mayfield: The Titan defense needs to make Baker Mayfield know that they are there. When Mayfield must create and feels the pressure it leads to inaccurate throws and chances at creating turnovers. The Titans defense really needs to get after Mayfield early in the game to get him rattled, then get to him often.
2. Slowing down the run: Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are one of the best and most dynamic running back duos in the entire NFL. Slowing down Chubb and Hunt will be a large task to complete but if the Titans defense can just limit their success, they should have a good chance of picking up a win on Sunday afternoon.
3. Feeding King Henry: Relying on the best running back in football is the best part about this Titans offense. Each week Derrick Henry shows why he is the best back in football after dominating last week against the Colts. Henry should be able to have another big day against this Browns interior run defense and get to the second level.
4. AJ Brown and Corey Davis: Brown and Davis are starting to prove that they are a dynamic duo in the NFL. Brown and Davis should be able to continue their trend of making big plays down the field against the Browns secondary.
5. Being prepared for play action plays: The Brown offense and Mayfield like to use play action in their passing game. Their rush-first offense gets defenses of balance which then allows the Browns offense to take shots down the field. The Titans secondary will have to be able to recognize this to prevent giving up big plays.
The Titans will come away with another impressive win on Sunday afternoon. This game could come down to whether the Titans can stop the Browns rushing attach spearheaded behind Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. Also expect AJ Brown and Corey Davis to have monster days.
Titans 35 Browns 23