Steelers vs. Titans preview
Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)
October 25, noon, CBS
Location: Nissan Stadium
Line: TEN -1.5
A battle to remain undefeated will take place in the Music City Sunday afternoon. The Titans, coming off their best win of the season, will take on the 5-0 Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers, who are atop of the AFC North, put a beating on the Cleveland Browns last week.
Titans Keys to Victory
1. Slowing down Pittsburgh’s weapons: The Steelers have a load of weapons on the offensive side of the ball - They have one of the best receiving cores in the entire NFL. Look out for rookie standout Chase Claypool to have another big game.
2. Winning the turnover margin: Minkah Fitzpatrick (and the Steeler defense) is one of the best at creating turnovers. Last week alone, Pittsburgh had a pick six and another interception. The Titans will have to limit turnovers to stay undefeated.
3. Keeping King Henry going: Derrick Henry will face his biggest challenge thus far on Sunday. If he can continue to lead the league in rushing and have another big game, the Titans will win.
Steelers Keys to Victory:
1. Stopping Henry: With Henry leading the NFL in rushing yards, the Steelers - as ever team the Titans play - must slow him down to have a chance at winning.
2. Getting hands on Ryan Tannehill: With the loss of Taylor Lewan for the Titans due to a torn ACL, look for the Steelers pass rush to really try and get after Tannehill and make him make quick decisions.
3. Continuing to make big plays in the pass game: The Titans defense has given up big plays all season. If the Steelers can hit on multiple big plays, they can have a great shot at coming into Tennessee and winning.
In of the most anticipated games of the weekend, I fully expect this game to live up to its hype. Even with a good Steelers defense, I see this game being a shootout. The Titans defense will make one play late in the game to seal the deal.
Titans 33 Steelers 30