Time: Sunday, Nov. 1, noon, CBS
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Line: Titans -5.5
The Titans will take on the Cincinnati Bengals in a Week 8 matchup. The Titans are coming off their first loss of the season last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bengals lost a heart-breaking matchup in the final seconds against the Browns a week ago.
Titans Keys to Victory:
1. Putting Pressure on Joe Burrow: The Bengals offensive line has really struggled so far this year. When rookie quarterback Joe Burrow has time in the pocket, he can really cause some damage for the opposing defense. Once teams break the pocket and get to Burrow, that’s where mistakes can be taken advantage of.
2. Getting Stops on Defense: So far this season the Titans have been able to get away with a lack luster defense. Last week, it finally came back to bite them. If the Titans can square their problems in the secondary, they can pull out another win.
3. Special Teams: Last week special teams were a problem as kicker Stephan Gostkowski missed another field goal. The Titans also need to clean this problem up or it could also cause them to lose more games.
Bengals Keys to Victory:
1. Slowing Down the Titans Offense: The Titans offense is one of the best in the entire NFL. The Bengals defense has shown to have a problem with slowing down opposing teams’ offense with no regard who they are playing. They will have to slow the Titans down to have a chance.
2. Protecting Burrow: Burrow looks like an elite quarterback when he has time to set his feet and hit a receiver, but he is not getting many chances this season to have a clean pocket. The Titans pass rush this season has been lackluster so it could be an even matchup.
3. Time of Possession: Keeping the ball out of the Titans hands is a great way to burn clock and allow Burrow and the Bengals offense to stay out on the field as long as they can. This allows the Bengals defense to rest and find ways to slow the Titans down. Look for the Bengals to run the ball and try to create long drives.
I expect the Titans to rebound from last week’s loss. This Bengals team is not one to take lightly as they have talent on both sides of the ball. Look for Derrick Henry to have his best game of the season and for the defense to also have its best game of the season.
Titans 35 Bengals 17